POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture Coords : Re: Texture Coords Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture Coords
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 7 Mar 2006 08:05:00
Message: <web.440d82954a82760947d10e600@news.povray.org>
"Bo" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to povray and trying to import an .iv file to povray. Here I
> encountered a problem with the texture coords. Simply said: they get lost.
> I googled around and found a page saying that povray does not support
> texture-coords yet. Is this claim correct, and if it is, is that going to
> change in the near future?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Bo
>
> ps: english is not my native language, so my excuses for bad grammer.

Well, i've never heard of *.iv files and google couldn't help me with that
in a rush. In addition i don't know how you "imported" them to POVRay
whereas the texture coordinates get lost (how can POVRay import files?).
Maybe this is a typo and you meant *.uv files (but i never heard of those
either) but from what you wrote i guess you mean uv mapping as it is called
in POVRay and that is supported very well! Maybe you want to look up
"2.5.7 UV Mapping" in the docs.

Hope that helpes
Regards Roman

ps: english isn't my native language either and i'm not the only one in this
forum. i was told there's no need to apologize for poor grammar :D